Plesk 8 SSL Installation Instructions
- Download the all of the certificates that your certificate authority sent you to the server.
- Logon to Plesk Control Panel.
- Click Domains and then click the domain that the certificate is for.
- Click on Certificates.
- Click on the Browse button then find where you saved the Primary Certificate (for your domain name). Select it, then click Send File. This will upload and install the certificate with the corresponding Private Key showing the certificate in a list at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the name of the Certificate from the list.
- In the CA Certificate box, paste both the Intermediate Certificate (if you received one) and Trusted Root Certificate. You may need to open the file in a text editor first if you don't have them in text form. It should look something like this:
- Click the Send Text button.
- Return to the domain's administration screen by clicking Domains then clicking the domain that the certificate is for and clicking Setup in the Hosting group.
- Select the SSL certificate that you wish to install from the Certificate drop-down box. If there is no Certificate drop-down box on the screen, it means that you are on a shared hosting account and, therefore, you will need to upgrade your hosting package to a package that has a dedicated, non-shared IP address. This is a requirement of the SSL protocol.
- Click the SSL Support check box then click OK.
- Stop and Start the Web Server (Apache) to activate the certificate.
Useful Plesk SSL Links
- Plesk 8.1 Administration Guide
- Plesk 7 Administration Manual - Managing Control Panel SSL Certificates
- Plesk 7 Tutorial: Creating an SSL Certificate