4D Webstar 4.x Server SSL Installation Instructions
Create The PEM File
WebSTAR requires the SSL certificate and any signing certificate in the certificate chain (the Intermediate and Root Certificates) to be included in a text file with a .pem extension. Once you have downloaded your certificate from your certificate authority, open all the files in a text editor. Copy and paste any intermediate and root certificates right below your primary certificate in the following order: Primary Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, Root Certificate. Save the file with a .pem extension (i.e myCertificate.pem) The file should look like this when finished:
(Primary SSL certificate)
Install the SSL Certificate
Once you have the .pem file created, you can install the certificate.
- In WebSTAR Admin, Settings window, select SSL Security.
- The top area lists the IP addresses. The lower area sets your security options, including certificate and private key data. The checkboxes set your policy regarding incoming connections.
- Only one certificate can be assigned to each IP address. You can have certificates for several of these addresses, but one IP address can only have a single certificate.
- Select the item for the IP address which corresponds to the host name of the current Certificate.
- On the Security popup menu, select SSL 2 and SSL 3.
- Click the Certificate Choose button to select the .pem certificate file that you created.
- Click the Private Key File Choose button to select the private key that you created before you ordered the certificate.
- Enter your Private Key Password into the appropriate field.
- Click the Save button and look at the server Status window. You should see a message confirming that the SSL certificate was accepted: "SSL context for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 created."