- What is SSL?
- Why SSL?
- PKI Overview
- SSL Certificate Features
- Ordering a Certificate
- What is a CSR?
- SSL Certificate Installation
- SSL Certificate Errors
- SSL Details
- Special Types
- Copying a Certificate
- How to Create A Self Signed Certificate
- How to Create a Self Signed Certificate in IIS 7
- More Discussion About How Firefox 3 Handles SSL Certificates
- Free SSL Certificates from a Free Certificate Authority
- SSL Host Headers in IIS 7
F5 Big-IP SSL Installation Instructions
Once you receive the certificate for your Big-IP device from your certificate authority, you need to copy it onto each BIG-IP Controller. You can configure the accelerator with certificates using the Configuration utility or from the command line.
To install certificates using the Configuration utility
- In the navigation pane, click Proxies.
- On Proxies screen, click on the Install SSL Certificate Request tab.
- In the Certfile Name box, type the fully qualified domain name of the server with the file extension .crt. If you generated a temporary certificate when you submitted a request to the certificate authority, select the name of the certificate from the drop down list. so that it is overwritten.
- Open the certificates in a text editor and paste the text of the certificate into the install SSL Certificate window, making sure to include the BEGIN CERTIFICATE line and the END CERTIFICATE lines.
- Click the Write Certificate File button to install the certificate.
To install certificates using the command line
- Rename your Primary certificate to your.domain.name.crt and copy it to the /config/bigconfig/ssl.crt/ folder.
- If you received an Intermediate certificate from your certificate authority, rename it to intermediate-ca.crt and copy it to the /config/bigconfig/ssl.crt/ folder.
- Restart the device
# bigpipe proxy <IP Address>:443 disable
# bigpipe proxy <IP Address>:443 enable